Brian Wilson biopic in the works

A film based on the life of Brian Wilson has been optioned by The Mark Gordon Co., a production company that in the past, has produced 10,000BC, Talk to Me, The Painted Veil, and The Hoax. Not the most comforting of production resumes. For now, details are very limited; no information is available via imdb, but thanks to my access to a buddy's imdbpro account, I am able to share these details on the project:

15 Nov 2006: Optioned Property/Looking for a screenwriter.
20 May 2006: Looking for a screenwriter.
19 Nov 2007: Looking for a screenwriter.
21 May 2008: Looking for a screenwriter.

An article from Empire magazine (click here for the full article) had this to say in 2006.

Producer Mark Gordon (The Day After Tomorrow) has sealed a deal with Wilson to make the movie, which director David Leaf – who has already worked with the man himself to document making his recent Smile album – calling the shots. "I love the idea of there being a movie on my life, and I can't wait to see the script," Wilson told Variety, while revealing that he’s also allowing the filmmakers to use his back catalogue of memorable music, including God Only Knows, Good Vibrations and California Girls.

Gordon also praised the musician for his openness about the darker patches of his life. "I admire Brian for his willingness to tell his story truthfully," he told the trade magazine "It's complex and there is a lot to be learned from what he went through. It's easier to tell that story when you're in a good place and you have a happy ending. Brian has that now."

I would be unfaithful to my Beach Boys nerd-dom, if I didn't admit that I'm totally writing a screenplay for fun and to potentially send in unsolicited. Obviously, I'm absolutely psyched to see a feature film version of the the Beach Boys story. The previous two made-for-television movies (I won't even both linking to them) have left a much sought after desire to see their story told faithfully and with all the support and money that comes from a big Hollywood production.

While I revel and dream about this (yes, I dream about The Beach Boys), please enjoy these wonderful rare Beach Boys collection of songs. These songs are on constant repeat in my car.


The Beach Boys - The Pet Sounds Sessions
Pet Sounds - A Capella.zip

All the a capella tracks from The Pet Sounds Sessions, compiled into one zip file

The Pet Sounds Sessions
is a 4-CD boxed set released in 1997 which compiles tracks from The Beach Boys'1966 album Pet Sounds, and its recording sessions. The album is included in its entirety in its original mono mix, as well as a stereo mix. The set also contains instrumental tracks, vocals-only tracks, alternate mixes, and edited highlights from the recording sessions for many of the album's songs, as well as several songs not included on the album.
(Available on Amazon.com)



The Beach Boys - Stack-o-Tracks (1968)
The Beach Boys - Stack-o-Tracks.rar

A very strange album, but enjoyable to have nonetheless. It features a variety of Beach Boys tracks with the vocals taken out, the intent being you the listener, singing the songs! A karaoke dream isn't it? A staple in my car during traffic-laden commutes.

Additional info via-
wikipedia
warr.org

(Available on Amazon.com)

1 replies:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things,
The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really
excellent : D. Good job, cheers

Feel free to visit my web site - music on pandora