SIFF Opening Night

Tonight's the big night. Opening day of the Seattle International Film Festival. It all goes down at the SIFF Opening Gala at McCaw Hall in Seattle Center, premiering Battle in Seattle [imdb], starring Charlize Theron, Ray Liotta, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Rodriguez, Andre 3000, and directed by Stuart Townsend.

Being an intern for publicists, I am lucky enough to experience the whole opening night experience. "The VIP Opening Night Exerience includes Opening Night Film & Gala, valet parking, a private pre-screening reception, reserved seating, access to the post-screening VIP lounge, and a gift bag."

That little synopsis of the night fails to mention the open bar and Charlize Theron appearing, giving me a wonderful opportunity to make a fool of myself, who's with me!? It should be a blast.

Go to SIFF screenings if you can; there's definitely a good number of films that I'm very psyched for. Off the top of my mind, a documentary about The Wrecking Crew [imdb, official site], the group of L.A. studio musicians that played on so many hit records (BEACH BOYS PET SOUNDS!!) from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s, it's disgusting. Disgustingly good, if that wasn't clear. It plays tomorrow, May 23rd at the Harvard Exit and next week Monday, May 26th. Find the showtimes and buy tickets over at SIFF.net

1 replies:

Alison Avigayil said...

How much I desperately wish I was there. Sounds like a great line-up. I guess I'll have to enjoy the Israeli film festivals. Love reading your blog. Keep it up.